Silverwater NSW, Asbestos Removal
RARE was engaged to conduct asbestos removal works at an operating Ausgrid site during a civil works upgrade. Bonded fragments were encountered during the construction of security bollards, during civil construction works. RARE enabled the civil excavation to be completed under asbestos conditions, removing the minimum amount of asbestos to complete the works, and isolating the remaining areas with geofabric. The excavation was cleared by an independent occupational hygienist, and civil works resumed with minimal delay.
· Waste Classification of impacted soil
· Preliminary document preparation
· Rapid site mobilisation and establishment
· Implementation of Asbestos controls
· Management of sub-contractors
· Transport and disposal of asbestos waste to a licenced facility
· Close out reporting, itemised disposal
· Co-ordination of occupational hygienist – air monitoring, clearance certificate
· Liaison with client.